|COMPANY NAME Commas||TYPE Internship|
|LOCATION New South Wales, Australia||INDUSTRY Fashion, Admin|
|POSTED October 15, 2019||SALARY N/A|
Working directly with the Creative Director, the successful candidate will assist in all aspects of the design process across multiple product categories, including our acclaimed resort wear. They will be involved in concept right through to production, maintaining and developing a strong, coherent, and identifiable design language that demonstrates an understanding of the brands handwriting and customer end use.
KEY ROLES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Creative Director with researching into seasonal themes, including new silhouette, fabric treatment and detail/trim ideas.
- Generate CADs and/or hand sketches that clearly communicate design ideas to present to Design Director.
- Help build seasonal inspiration boards for key presentations to the wider business during the development calendar.
- CAD new seasonal styles and prepare packs to be launched with manufacturers. Assist product development team with launch of styles.
- Provide support for the Print Designer – mocking up ideas and building out print artworks.
- Participate in fabric/trim supplier appointments, offering an opinion and view point. Follow up with suppliers to receive in relevant information – price, minimum order quantities, lead times.
- Help launch and track seasonal colour palette lab-dips, working alongside product development team with comments and approvals.
- Carry out research into new fabric qualities and articles that will push the brands core fabric base and expand our existing mills.
- Must have a valid licence and vehicle
- Sufficient working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to work fast under pressure with a flexible can-do attitude.
- A team player, willing to get involved with other areas of the business to get the job done.
- Self-motivated, uses initiative and problem solver.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated, passion for seeking opportunities and self-development.
- Ability to question the way of doing things.
- CANDIDATE PROFILE
- Thorough working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Proven ability to work in a structured methodical manner.
- Strong sense of initiative and project ownership.
- Great attention to detail.
- An eye for menswear and someone who appreciates the brand aesthetic.
- An articulate communicator who can work comfortably within a young dynamic team.